The Delhi XIX Commonwealth Games are now over. This website is closed and for reference purposes only. Some external links may no longer work.
For the latest news and information, please visit the Commonwealth Games Federation website.
Business Club of India
The Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi has partnered with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to launch the Business Club of India. It aims to market the XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi and promote and facilitate business networking as well as showcase the country as a preferred business destination for the global business community. Its objectives are:
To leverage focus on India through key business partnerships, both within India and overseas, and enhance India’s business reach at the Games
To showcase India as the preferred business partner and destination through high level networking events, conferences and trade shows
To promote the business of sports and sports marketing
BCI has continuously worked to enhance business and investment opportunities in India. It organised a series of business road shows in the following key business destinations along the Queen’s Baton Relay 2010 Delhi’s International Sector, fostering business partnerships:
• London with UK-India Business Council
• Birmingham with Birmingham City Council
• Glasgow with Business Club Scotland
• Mauritius with Mauritius Tourism Authority
• Johannesburg with Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI)
• Toronto and Ottawa with Canada-India Chambers of Commerce
• Melbourne with Australia-India Business Council), Austrade/Business Club Australia
• Singapore Business Federation (SBF) in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Colombo
The Road Shows received a tremendous response for business tie-ups with South Africa, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia. Top business leaders, corporate heads cutting across sectors such as energy, information technology, oil and gas, non-conventional energy, tourism, sports industries, luxury goods, cuisine and food processing attended the events.