GoI is the sovereign government of the host country that has supported the Games since the initial bid stage. It is committed to ensure adequate funds for the conduct of the Games to the OC CWG Delhi 2010 as well as for the development of the required infrastructure to various agencies.
The agencies of GoI that are specifically committed to the delivery of the Games are:
information on the Government of India, log onto http://india.gov.in
- Ministry of Home Affairs for the conduct contingency management and planning; and for the planning and enforcement of security measures in accordance with Games Statement of Securities Principles (GSSP);
- Ministry of External Affairs for assistance in processing Gratis Visa and work permits;
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports to organise the Games in accordance with the constitution, protocols and regulations of the CGF; and to provide timely funds for the Games infrastructure and operations;
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry to provide space for Media Press Centre (MPC)/Media Broadcasting Centre (MBC) and warehousing through the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO); and
- Sports Authority of India (SAI) to develop competitions and training venues as per the venue briefs; provide the venue media centre at all competition venues and provide the Dope Laboratory.