Wireless Planning and Coordination (WPC) Wing of the Department of Telecommunications (DOT) is responsible for regulation and allocation of the Radio Frequency Spectrum in India. Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi (OC CWG Delhi 2010) in consultation with WPC and Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is in the process for Radio Frequency Spectrum allocation. Issue of temporary licenses will be subject to relevant Indian laws, regulations, frequency availability and timely receiving of applications.
- Applicant will submit request for the Radio Frequency Spectrum allocation in a prescribed Application Performa’s (enclosed as Annexure-1 and Annexure-2 ) of WPC Wing, DOT, to the Technology Functional Area (FA) of the OC CWG Delhi 2010 for further submission to the WPC Wing of the DOT. Filing of On-Line application for grant of wireless licence is also mandatory, which can be filed on WPC website www.wpc.dot.gov.in. Copy of acknowledgment of such On-Line application is to be enclosed with the necessary annexures of the application for onward submission to WPC.
- WPC Wing will examine the applications in accordance with National Frequency Allocation Plan (NFAP), where the radiofrequency spectrum requests can be met, Agreement in principle for grant of licenses intimating frequency and spectrum fee will be issued by the WPC Wing and the same will be conveyed to the applicant/s. After completing necessary formalities/ payments, a temporary license will be issued to Applicant for approved Radio Frequency Spectrum.
- Applicant will be communicated/ consulted in the situation where Radio Frequency Spectrum requests cannot be accommodated due to any reason by WPC Wing of the DOT
- Equipment will be checked at the entrance of a venue to ensure that it has the appropriate authorisation tag.
- Requests for temporary Up-linking of events will be submitted in the application formats prescribed by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and WPC Wing (enclosed as Annexure-3 and Annexure- 4) along with a processing fee of INR 10,000 through Demand Draft in favour of Pay & Accounts Officer, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi. Once the permission is granted by the Min. of Information and Broadcasting, application for grant of frequency will be submitted to WPC wing, DOT. Further procedure is same as the procedure explained in point no. 2 above.
- The import of any Radio Frequency equipment requiring license in India can be permitted only after necessary frequency clearance is obtained from WPC Wing of the DOT. After frequency is approved by WPC Wing of the (DOT, application form for import license (enclosed as Annexure-5) along with a Demand Draft of INR 500 for each application in favour of “PAO (HQ), DOT” New Delhi has to be submitted.
Timeline and Procedure of Application
|Application for Frequency
||1 April 2010
||10 May 2010
|Approval of Frequency
||1 July 2010
||14 August 2010
- Applicant is requested to submit the duly filled application form for Radio Frequency requirements to the OC CWG Delhi 2010 as early as possible. Whilst a process will be established for late requests, there will be an increased risk of non allocation of frequencies.